WORK WITH US
A company that changes lives,
with those who want to change the world.
It all started with a Little girl who grew up struggling on a Colombian coffee farm.
Progeny was born out of necessity to reinvent a broken coffee chain where the hardest workers are the ones suffering the most. We improve the farmers’ livelihood by giving free education and giving back the extra income generated by eliminating unnecessary middle-men. We thrive on opening up a window to the source and bridging the gap between the consumer and the farmer while bringing the best coffee experience to our consumers.
By joining our team, you will join an atmosphere of a small but highly motivated and passionate group of people that are having a significant impact on the industry here and at the source. To do so, we function like a startup, hosting multiple brainstorming sessions where everyone has a voice and wears multiple hats, thus go beyond our job descriptions to make things happen. We’ve taken on some of the most significant challenges there is to take in our industry, and we do it in a positive and problem-solving mindset.
So bring all of yourself, show us your passion, and contribute to making a dent in the coffee industry!
Our stories and the stories of our farmers are our most valuable assets, without them we’re just a company that sales coffee. You’ll be the light that shines the truth, giving hope in an industry where farmers are overexploited, working to make a dent at its core by using the oldest and most dangerous tools of communication ever created: Words.
• Fluent in English and Spanish.
• Strong storyteller.
• Create and evolve a brand’s voice and tone.
• Live and champion the brand through your writing.
• Experience writing engaging, creative, empathic copy.
• Collaborate in generating content for our blog.
• Develop processes for copy conceptualizing, development and delivery.
• Know the rules, and most importantly, when and how to break them.
• Collaborate with the comms on creative campaigns (social, radio, video, email etc).
• Experience writing in multiple media (digital, print, video) on multiple products to multiple audiences.
• Report to the Chief Brand & Experience Officer.
• Are open and willing to hear constructive feedback and edits.
MINDSET & ABILITIES
“‘What if’ provoke the status quo, received ideas, the mind, physics, chemistry, ‘What if’ break the rules and crosses boundaries, and make failure becomes an important part of progress.” — John Trabelsi, Co-founder @ Progeny Coffee
We all learn and grow from them. So push the limits, go beyond the boundaries! We can’t wait to see how you’re going to Fail & Learn (F&L).
• Love brainstorming and pushing ideas beyond the status quo.
• Thrive on the big picture but have an eye for the details.
• Excellent communication skills.
• 3+ years of experience writing and providing copy leadership in a product team or agency environment.
• An exceptional portfolio of work showcasing a brand point of view and product senseInnovative spirit, focus, and follow-through.
• Experience with the coffee industry and its intricacies.
• Familiarity with Google Docs and other content collaboration systems
• A strong leader and a positive mindset.
• Excited to experiment with purpose, and share learnings with the rest of the team.
• Accept feedback with a self-developing mindset (hey, no-one’s perfect.).
• Love to work as a team (there is no “I”).
A plus if...
• You understand and have experience with the Design Thinking process.
• Already traveled to the source.
APPLY HERE FOR
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.