WORK WITH US
A company that changes lives,
with those who want to change the world.
It all started with a Little girl who grew up struggling on a Colombian coffee farm.
Progeny was born out of necessity to reinvent a broken coffee chain where the hardest workers are the ones suffering the most. We improve the farmers’ livelihood by giving free education and giving back the extra income generated by eliminating unnecessary middle-men. We thrive on opening up a window to the source and bridging the gap between the consumer and the farmer while bringing the best coffee experience to our consumers.
By joining our team, you will join an atmosphere of a small but highly motivated and passionate group of people that are having a significant impact on the industry here and at the source. To do so, we function like a startup, hosting multiple brainstorming sessions where everyone has a voice and wears multiple hats, thus go beyond our job descriptions to make things happen. We’ve taken on some of the most significant challenges there is to take in our industry, and we do it in a positive and problem-solving mindset.
So bring all of yourself, show us your passion, and contribute to making a dent in the coffee industry!
It takes a lot of hard work for our Farmers to pass our +85 score standards. Some even spent months just improving their growing methods and implementing new processes to turn their farm around into an Excellence Specialty Coffee farm.
At Progeny, you’re the guardian of their hard work. The last link to making sure not one bean gets wasted, and that our customers get the best experience possible.
• Ensure that every bag of coffee is packing up to our standards
• Have a clear knowledge of all packing materials and equipment
• Assist on weekly Quality Control cuppings
• Hands-on order fulfillment
• Assist on weekly deliveries and shipping online orders
• Manage and ensure tracking of inventory levels of both green coffee, roasted coffee, labels, boxes, etc.. in Cropster or similar program
• Keep the facility organized in a clean and professional manner.
• Follow all safety, quality and sanitation policies and procedures
MINDSET & ABILITIES
“‘What if’ provoke the status quo, received ideas, the mind, physics, chemistry, ‘What if’ break the rules and crosses boundaries, and make failure becomes an important part of progress.” — John Trabelsi, Co-founder @ Progeny Coffee
We all learn and grow from them. So push the limits, go beyond the boundaries! We can’t wait to see how you’re going to Fail & Learn (F&L).
• +1y of production experience.
• Can safely move around 75kg bags of coffees around unassisted.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A strong leader and a positive mindset.
• Excited to experiment with purpose, and share learnings with the rest of the team.
• Accept feedback with a self-developing mindset (hey, no-one’s perfect.).
• Love to work as a team (there is no “I”).
A plus if...
• You understand and have experience with the Design Thinking process
• Already traveled to the source (otherwise you’ll have plenty of occasions)
• Speak Spanish
APPLY HERE FOR
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.