Not only does coffee fuel our days and delight our palettes, it also works miracles in the beauty department! Here are a few awesome recipes for some much needed self-care during this “I can’t get to my favorite spa” moment we’re all living through.
If you, like me, aren’t excited about the appearance of cellulite, here’s an invigorating and yummy smelling scrub to pamper with and get your blood pumping! Let’s go enjoy that luminous and radiant skin!
DIY COCONUT COFFEE SUGAR SCRUB
- 1 cup organic raw sugar
- ¾ cup coffee grounds (fresh or used)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and room temperature (organic, unrefined)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Scoop out handfuls and rub onto dry skin in circular motions
- Hop into shower and wash off. Pat skin dry.
This mask will be a blast of antioxidants for your face! It will reduce swelling and diminish acne and fine lines! Radiant and clear? Here we come!
GLISTEN + GLOW MASK
- Small bowl + spoon
- 2 tsp of coffee grounds
- 3 dropperfuls of your favorite facial oil (argan, jojoba, rosehip, almond, grapeseed etc..)
- Mix coffee grounds and oil in small bowl
- Wash your face as you normally do and lightly dry with a towel. Be sure to leave your skin damp.
- Apply the scrub to your face, making sure to avoid your eye area
- Wear mask for 10 minutes before rinsing your face with lukewarm water
- Rehydrate your face with facial oil
Cool Tip: Store leftover coffee grinds in the refrigerator for an iced coffee mask on hot days to chill, calm, and depuff dull skin!
Many of us haven’t seen much of the outdoors or of our friends + families lately; perhaps our lil tootsies have been neglected. Let’s get them moisturized and ready for the quickly approaching summer season. This scrub will make your feet super-smooth and soft!
BANANA + COFFEE FOOT MASK/SCRUB
- ¼ cup of coffee grounds
- ¼ cup of kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ banana
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Open up a plastic bag to place on the floor underneath your feet
- Slather the mask onto both feet and calves
- Rest for 10 minutes
- Give your feet and legs a nice long scrub and massage
- Rinse well and dry
Now that you’ve gotten polished, velvety, and soft; let’s finish off with this luscious Espresso Martini
- 2 oz vodka
- ½ oz simple syrup
- ½ oz Coffee Liqueur
- 1 oz freshly brewed espresso
- Garnish: whole coffee beans
- Add all of the ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake
- Fine-strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with 3 coffee beans